Position: Medical Assistant Support
Classification: Hourly/6-8 hours per week
Supervisor(s): Medical Director/Medical Assistant
The Medical Assistant Support person provides clerical assistance to the Medical Assistant and/or other staff to carry
out their duties at ABC House.
Principle Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Provide clerical assistance to Medical Assistant
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
· Filing and ensuring that all documentation is appropriately placed in medical records
· Keep forms and records supplies stocked and organized ahead of needs (e.g. medical consult forms,
client medical exam paperwork, laboratory request forms, addressed envelopes for mailing reports, etc.)
· Assist with photocopying, mailing and/or faxing medical reports
· Verify DMAP insurance details online
· Make reminder calls to caregivers prior to appointments
· Other duties as assigned
Skills required include but are not limited to:
· Medical office procedure and records retention
· Ability to work with children and family members
· Good organizational skills
· Basic computer and Internet skills
· Be able to work effectively with Medical Assistant, Medical Providers, staff and volunteers
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to meet deadlines and work in stressful situations
· Minimum one year of office experience with patients, medical providers, records management and
· Demonstrated commitment to maintaining patient confidentiality and ability to handle sensitive information
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Valid Oregon Drivers License and ability to be insured
· Ability to pass criminal and child abuse registry background check
· Commitment to the vision, mission and purpose of ABC House
Hours: 6-8 hours per week. (Schedule can be flexible.)
Compensation: $10.00 per hour.
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Open
ABC House is an equal opportunity employer committed to respectful, quality care to children and their non offending
family members from diverse racial, ethnic, religious, and non traditional family forms.
ABC House is a drug-free work place.
Under the provisions of the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, the candidate will be required to provide evidence
of identity and eligibility for employment.