We believe that education is the key to ending child abuse. ABC House has a strong community outreach program that includes school presentations for youth, training programs for adult professionals and community members, and support groups for at-risk teenage girls. All educational programming, including support groups, are offered in both Benton and Linn counties.
Each year, ABC House provides education and prevention programming to youth who attend Benton and Linn county schools, and the adult community members and organizations that serve them.
- Child Abuse: What Teens Should Know
- Dating Violence: What Teens Should Know
- Technology Safety
- Darkness to Light: Stewards of Children, an award-winning child sexual abuse prevention training
- Recognizing, Reporting, and Preventing Child Abuse & Neglect
A peer support group designed for teenage girls “at risk,” Girls Circle combines creative activity and facilitated discussion to build resiliency, self-efficacy, and self-esteem. The group includes assertive communication skill-building, stress management and coping skills, and activities that center on building positive body- and self-image, relationships with peers and family, and goal-setting.
To learn more about these offerings, or to schedule a presentation at your school, business, community group, or faith center, please call or email:
Melissa Whiteman, email@example.com 541-926-2203
Attend a Darkness to Light Training:
- Darkness to Light's Stewards of Children @ ABC House – 11/15/2017