We believe that prevention education is the key to ending child abuse! We offer high-quality trainings and presentations for children, adults, and professionals in Benton and Linn counties.
Attend a FREE presentation or training:
- Guardianes de los Niños® de Darkness to Light – 06/16/2021
Learning materials provided at each free training!
Thank you to our community partner for making these trainings possible!
- Child Abuse and Neglect Presentation: Covers the four types of abuse, recognizing signs of abuse in children, responding appropriately when a child discloses abuse and the process for reporting suspicions, observations, and disclosures of child abuse.
- Social Media and Internet Safety Presentation: Addresses the online dangers that children face in today’s digital age. It involves discussion on popular apps and app features and highlights how to talk to children about online safety proactively. Helpful resources are shared, including resources for maintaining ongoing education about social media’s advancements, ideas for having conversations with children about online dangers, and software, monitoring and filtering systems that parents and caregivers can utilize to keep children safe online.
- Darkness to Light: Stewards of Children, Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training: This nationally recognized, award-winning training teaches adults how to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The training uses video modules and facilitator-led discussions to cultivate a rich learning environment. The training is 2.5 hours long; some professionals can receive CEU’s for attendance. A training can be scheduled for your group at any location in Benton or Linn counties, at any day and time, and is offered in English and Spanish. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer facilitator (trainer) for this program please contact ABC House Prevention Coordinator for an application. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver this training in English and Spanish!
- NEW Trainings! ABC House is now offering five supplemental trainings to the original 2.5-hour Stewards of Children training. These new trainings are shorter (30 minutes to 1 hour), utilize video modules and facilitator-led discussions, and expand on content introduced in the original training. They are not meant to be substitutions for the 2.5-hour training; it is recommended to take Stewards of Children first, if possible.
-Talking with Children about Safety from Sexual Abuse
-Healthy Touch for Children & Youth
-Bystanders Protecting Children from Boundary Violations & Sexual Abuse
-Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children
-Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect (for this training participants must have previously taken the original 2.5-hour training).
A training can be scheduled for your group at any location in Benton or Linn counties, at any day and time, and is offered in English and Spanish.
- Safety awareness
- Shared responsibility for safety
- Safe Adults
- Types of abuse
- Red Flags
- Safety Rules
- Digital abuse
- Digital safety tips
- Digital citizenship
- Safety Rules
Designed for middle school and high school-aged youth who attend Benton and Linn county schools, our presentations are used to supplement education in health and wellness, child development, family and consumer science, and technology classes. The presentations are also available for youth groups, camp counselors and other middle/high school-aged groups of youth.
- Child Abuse Awareness Presentation: Educates students on the four types of abuse, how to report abuse to a mandatory reporter and how to respond if a friend is experiencing abuse.
- Social Media and Internet Safety Presentation: Covers cyberbullying, sexting, online predators, popular apps and app features, protecting one’s reputation and making positive choices online. The presentation emphasizes using social media wisely and well.
- Girls Circle: A peer support group for female-identifying youth that combines creative activity and facilitated discussion to build resiliency, self-efficacy, and self-esteem.
For more information, or to schedule a FREE presentation for your school, group or business, please contact Rebecca, the Community Prevention Coordinator, at email@example.com or 541-926-2203.